Commercial Express have an exciting new opportunity for an eLearning Developer to join their award-winning team based on the Waterfront in Brierley Hill, West Midlands. www.commercialexpress.co.uk
Reporting to the Digital Learning Manager, the eLearning Developer will be responsible for designing innovative and engaging courses for our award-winning insurance learning platform, CE Learning: Online. All content will be designed and delivered to meet the business objectives and standards of Commercial Express and to support our mission to become the ‘Value Added MGA’. Creating original content for both our staff and our customers, this is a varied and fast-moving role ideally suited to an imaginative and ambitious eLearning Developer.
This position is key to the training and development of Commercial Express staff and is also central to the support that we offer to our customers. The successful candidate will provide a high standard of service to ensure that users of CE Learning: Online have access to market-leading content that helps to raise standards, improve knowledge and increase levels of competence.
Our new eLearning Designer will not only be expected to create online training, but also contribute to the look and feel of our online facilitated training, online material and video-based material. They will introduce new methodologies where appropriate, with an eye on the most current training developments to ensure learner engagement. They will also be responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of current course content, taking action where needed to ensure that course material is kept up-to-date and reflects current Commercial Express products, initiatives and brand direction.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Subject Matter Experts, to scope, design and create product and insurance technical training.
- Follow up projects and training courses, where agreed measures have not been achieved, to understand lessons learned and, where appropriate, implement changes.
- Identify and make use of the most effective delivery media appropriate to each training programme, demonstrating consideration of online, face-to-face and on the job support, etc.
- Liaise with the Digital Learning Manager, Learning & Development Specialist, Technical Underwriting Team, Risk and Compliance Manager and other specialists and managers within the business to ensure existing eLearning content is kept up-to-date and that all necessary course documentation is updated in a timely manner.
- Continuously monitor the online aspects of our training strategy and the current training marketplace and make recommendations regarding approach, training technology and equipment. Ensure the content on offer is effective and the delivery is efficient.
- Monitor and review the performance of the Learning Management System, including user numbers and course activity; make recommendations for improvements to the user experience; and keep up-to-date with system updates, identifying any potential threats or benefits to the current user experience.
- Whilst the role’s main focus is the creation of product and insurance technical content for CE Learning: Online, there may also be a need to develop and create training content to meet other business needs and in those instances, work with Subject Matter Experts, to scope, design and create an eLearning solution if deemed appropriate.
- Expert user of Articulate Storyline 360 and other rapid-authoring tools
- Ability to work with Subject Matter Experts to scope, design and create new courses within tight timescales
- Ability to troubleshoot courses quickly and accurately
- Experience of LMS administration and SCORM
- Knowledge and experience of using storytelling, gamification and multi-media in eLearning design
- Ability to present complex information in a simple and understandable way
- A high standard of written English
- Proven track record in eLearning design, supported by an up-to-date portfolio
- Prior experience of designing and delivering training in the insurance or financial sector
- CIPD qualified with knowledge of the Training Cycle
- Relevant degree or post-graduate qualification in user experience design, instructional design or related fields
- Strong graphic design and user interface design skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret data; good Microsoft Excel skills
- Awareness of current research and best practice in learner experience design to create memorable and engaging eLearning courses
- Experience of animation
- Experience of audio and video recording
- Experience of producing narration and audio podcasts
- Experience of designing for mobile devices
- Knowledge and experience of the Litmos LMS platform
In return we offer a competitive salary based on experience, 26 Days holiday plus Bank holiday, Health Cashplan, Death in service benefit, Pension scheme, Free parking, Free Breakfasts.